The graduate certificate in global health management at University of Maryland Global Campus is designed to help healthcare professionals formulate global health services policies, improve quality of care and service delivery within different national health systems, plan health programs within diverse cultures, and manage global health programs. The curriculum covers international health organizations, health systems and policies in low and middle-income countries, and management and financial skills.
These requirements are for students who enroll in the 2021–2022 academic year. For prior year academic requirements, visit our catalog archive.
About the Global Health Management Graduate Certificate
What You'll Learn
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Navigate international health organizations and their roles in promoting global health policies and organizing healthcare services
- Implement and evaluate global health programs to maximize contributions to effective policy, enhanced practice, and improved and sustainable health outcomes
- Work effectively within diverse cultural settings and across national and international political landscapes
- Use a systems approach to health services management, including strategic planning, budgets, and resource allocation
In past projects, students have had the opportunity to
- Assess and design global health services within different national contexts
- Develop an action plan for improving the health of a community or population
- Build interdisciplinary teams and communicate with clinical providers, administrators, and patients using appropriate cultural practices
Global Health Management Graduate Certificate Requirements
Our curriculum is designed with input from employers, industry experts, and scholars. You'll learn theories combined with real-world applications and practical skills you can apply on the job right away.
Total Credits Required: 12
- UCSP 615 (to be taken within the first 6 credits of study)
- HCAD 630
- GHMT 620
- GHMT 640
Course Rules and Program Progression
- You must complete each course with a grade of B or better to advance to the next course. The grade of C is not available for these courses.
Overall Certificate Requirements
Review the overall graduate certificate requirements on the certificates overview webpage.
This certificate is designed to help prepare you to work in an expanding global health marketplace that encompasses pharmaceuticals, primary and inpatient care, and consulting in many industries.
Experience Recommended for Success in the Program
It is helpful if you possess education or work experience in healthcare, health administration, human services, or social sciences before applying to this program, but it is not required.