After a challenging year, we are thrilled to see encouraging signs that fill us with hope for a brighter future. Many of us are ready for a fresh start. If you’re considering higher education as a way to get back on track, University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is here to help.
UMGC is proud to announce our Fresh Start Program, a new suite of scholarships and savings. Whether you’re an undergraduate student, a transfer student, a graduate student, or an alumnus, we’ve got something here that is made for you.
Welcome to MD Scholarship
UMGC’s Welcome to MD Scholarship provides eligible out-of-state undergraduate students a $100 per-credit scholarship off the out-of-state tuition rate. Come join an accredited state university and find out how we’re made for you.
Better Together Scholarship
Over the past year, we’ve discovered that there’s nothing more important than community. UMGC’s Better Together Scholarship provides eligible out-of-state undergraduate students in Washington D.C., and Virginia—our local community—a $100-per-credit scholarship off the out-of-state tuition rate.
Back to School Award
Looking for a fresh start? Why not continue your education at the graduate level? Don’t worry. Take one course on us. Through UMGC’s Back to School Award, we’ll cover the $75 cost of UCSP 615, our Orientation to Graduate Studies course. Note: this course must be taken within the first 6 credits of graduate study for all new graduate students, except those in programs requiring CBR, DCL, or PRO 600.
Initial Eligibility Requirements
To become eligible for this award, you must
- Be enrolled in a program that requires UCSP 615
- Meet UMGC’s graduate admissions requirements
- Enroll for UCSP 615 on or after May 27, 2021 and by the registration deadline of your intended summer 2021 or fall 2021 start date
For eligible students, the award amount of $75
- Will be applied to your account within 48-72 hours of enrolling for the course
- Will appear as item type on your account after you have enrolled for UCSP 615 starting AND eligibility requirements have been verified
This award may be used for tuition only and is non-refundable. The award will be applied to your account prior to military or veteran’s benefits.
Alumni Savings Program
UMGC is proud to offer a 10% scholarship on tuition charges for any UMGC alumni who completed a degree or certificate with us and are now planning to enroll in a new graduate degree or graduate certificate program in the summer 2021 or fall 2021 semesters!
How to Earn This Scholarship
- You must have previously earned a conferred degree or certificate from UMGC with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- You must complete the UMGC Application for Admission.
- Enroll in your first course (at least 3 credits) for a graduate degree or certificate program on or after May 27, 2021, for one of the following start dates:
For more eligibility information, please consult the FAQs.
If you have questions about the application process or about this tuition scholarship, we encourage you to talk to an admissions advisor.
Savings Program Details
Once you have met the initial eligibility criteria for this savings program, your 10% tuition scholarship will be applied automatically when you register for classes. You will be able to monitor your student account in your MyUMGC Student Portal. The scholarship will apply to tuition charges only, not to fees.
If your full tuition is covered by employer tuition remission, you will not be eligible for this tuition savings program.