Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware residents: Get rewarded when you get started at University of Maryland Global Campus this spring! With the 2020 Spring Ahead Scholarship, you can earn $100 per credit on a bachelor's degree or $50 per credit on most master's degrees when you start your degree at UMGC in the spring 2020 term. For example, if you take 18 undergraduate credits during the term, you could save $1,800. If you take 6 graduate credits, you could save $300.1
Make sure you apply early! The scholarship is in effect for the spring 2020 term only and will be available until funds for the program are exhausted.
How to Earn the 2020 Spring Ahead Scholarship
Step 1: Apply to UMGC
- Contact an admissions advisor to learn more about scholarship eligibility.
- Complete the UMGC application for admission.
- Have your school(s) send official transcripts directly to UMGC.
Step 2: Meet the Eligibility Criteria for the 2020 Spring Ahead Scholarship
To qualify for the scholarship, you must
- Be a permanent resident of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Delaware
- Submit your transcripts to UMGC (We must receive and process your transcripts before you can start your course(s) and receive the scholarship.)
- Prospective undergraduate students must submit transcripts demonstrating successful completion of at least 15 semester hours of transferable college credit.
- Prospective graduate students must submit transcripts demonstrating that they have earned either a bachelor's degree with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher or a master's degree
- Begin your studies by enrolling in an undergraduate or standard graduate degree1 at UMGC for the spring 2020 term
- Pay the out-of-state tuition rate
Step 3: Earning the 2020 Spring Ahead Scholarship
A separate scholarship application is not required. The university will determine if you are eligible for the scholarship based on the information provided in your application for admission and official transcripts and your enrollment in the spring 2020 term. If you are selected for the scholarship, you will receive an email notification and a phone call from an advisor.