Frequently Asked Questions About Transcripts

Where can I view the status of any transcripts I had sent to UMGC? +

You can view the status of your transcripts by logging into your student account.

How long does it take for UMGC to receive my official transcripts? +

The delivery time for transcripts varies by the transcript medium, sending institution, and carrier. In general, transcripts sent via mail or parcel service take an average of ten (10) business days. Keep in mind that some transcripts can take longer than that, and transcripts from outside of the United States will take longer. In general, electronic transcripts are typically received within two business days. If UMGC has not received your transcript within the average time frame, you should check with the sending institution to confirm the date sent.

What should I do if a transcript or document was sent to UMGC using my former name or a variation of my name? +

In most cases, we are able to match your document using additional information found on it. However, if you are not able to verify receipt of your document in your student account, contact an admissions advisor.

My transcript was sent to UMGC electronically, but it doesn't show in my account. What should I do? +

Contact your transcript provider to confirm the transcript was submitted, when it was sent, when it was received, and who received it. Students should also allow up to three business days for the transcript to show as received when sent electronically and confirmed as received. Provide this information to your admissions advisor.

What is the deadline for graduate students to submit their official transcripts demonstrating completion of a regionally accredited bachelor's degree or other accredited bachelor's degree approved by UMGC? +

It depends on the program you enroll in. For most programs, you can enroll in and begin earning your first 6 credits at UMGC as long as you submit an official transcript(s) demonstrating completion of a bachelor's degree by the last day of the first term of enrollment at UMGC. However, for some programs we must receive and verify your official transcript(s) demonstrating completion of a bachelor's degree prior to admission. See graduate admissions for more details.

What is the deadline for doctoral students to submit their official transcripts demonstrating completion of a regionally accredited master's degree or other accredited master's degree approved by UMGC? +

Applicants for the doctoral programs must submit official transcripts prior to admission. If you were educated outside of the United States, your official transcript(s) must be submitted and evaluated prior to admission, and additional requirements may apply. See the individual doctoral programs for more details.

Frequently Asked Questions About High School Transcripts

Why do I need to send my high school transcripts to UMGC? +

Please see UMGC's undergraduate admissions criteria for regular-status students to learn more about when and why a high school transcript is necessary.

How do I request my high school transcript? +

Contact your high school and inquire about their transcript request process, which can vary from school to school. If your high school has a website, this is a great source to find related information. Please be aware that some high schools are not open during the summer. If you find that to be the case, follow up with the District Office under which your high school operates. If you are unable to find the information, we recommend contacting the County Board of Education or the State Board of Education from the state in which your high school is located.

Can UMGC waive the high school transcript requirement? +

If you provide official college transcripts showing at least 30 college credits (if you applied to UMGC on or after March 30, 2020), you will not be required to submit an official high school transcript or GED scores. For more information, please see UMGC's undergraduate admissions criteria for new students.

Will UMGC accept my high school transcript if it is sent electronically? +

Yes. This is UMGC's preferred method of receiving transcripts. For your high school transcript to be "official," UMGC must receive the electronic transcript via one of the following transcript networks: SPEEDE, Parchment Exchange, National Student Clearing House, eSCRIP-SAFE, or Credentials. If there is a send-to e-mail address required, please use

Does UMGC offer a generic high school request form I can send to my school? +

Not at this time. However, each high school may have their own form, procedure, and/or requirements for transcript requests. You should always follow the form and procedure indicated by your high school to assure timely processing of your transcript request.

How do I send records to UMGC if I graduated from high school in another country? +

If you graduated high school in another country, you will need to obtain an external foreign credit evaluation from an approved agency. For more information, review our admissions requirements for international students or contact an admissions advisor.

Can I be admitted to UMGC if I have a GED or if I completed a high school proficiency examination? +

If you received passing scores on a GED or other high school proficiency examination that is recognized by your state, you will need to submit official documentation of this so that admissions staff at UMGC can determine your admissibility.

This documentation is received and processed just like regular high school transcripts. We recommend finding the appropriate body in your state if you need assistance to order a copy of your GED or high school proficiency examination. Each state has different rules and requirements as well as different test administrators and recordkeepers.

Does UMGC accept military transcripts as proof of high school graduation or equivalency? +

For students applying on or after January 7, 2021, UMGC accepts the Joint Services Transcript and Community College of the Air Force transcripts as proof of high school graduation or equivalency. On a case-by-case basis, UMGC may accept other military service verification records as proof of high school graduation or equivalency.

If you applied to UMGC prior to January 7, 2021 and have questions about this requirement, please e-mail