You are expected to pay your University of Maryland Global Campus balance by the payment due date. If payment is not received, you may be penalized by being disenrolled from your course(s) or having your account balance transferred to the State Central Collection Unit If you are delinquent with your tuition payment plan payments, you may be dropped from courses in the current term or future terms.
Here's how you can avoid these and other penalties:
- Know when your payment is due. If activity such as a new charge posts on your account, a notification is generated. The notification will be delivered to your preferred e-mail address and will contain your EMPLID, balance, due date, and a link to the Student Account Center, where you can sign in to access your e-billing statement. To ensure that you are not penalized, please be aware of and review UMGC's payment deadlines.
- Stay informed! You can access your student account information 24 hours a day, seven days a week by logging into the Student Account Center. Payments can be made online and we accept all major credit cards and e-checks.
- Officially withdraw from a course if you are no longer interested in taking it. Please do not depend on the disenrollment process to withdraw you from a course.
- Follow up on all of your payment arrangements. Make sure the funds are applied and that your account balance stays at zero.
- Make sure you receive updates and invoices by confirming your e-mail address in your Profile in MyUMGC.
- Don't get sent to the State Central Collection Unit! Call or e-mail us if you are unable to make your payment. We may be able to work out a payment option with you that would prevent your account from being sent to collections. E-mail UMGC collections for more information.