At University of Maryland Global Campus, you can get a head start on a career-boosting graduate program with transfer credits. You could be eligible to transfer up to 6 credits toward your master's degree or up to 3 credits toward your graduate certificate. Some exclusions apply. Transfer credit limitations are listed on each degree page.
Read more about graduate transfer credit criteria.
As you are considering this transfer process, make sure your previous credits meet the following criteria:
- You earned the credits at the graduate level.
- You did not use the credits to meet the requirements for any degree you previously earned or expect to earn.
- You earned the credits within the time limit for the degree or certificate.
- You earned a B or better in the courses considered for transfer. (These grades will not be included in the calculation of your GPA at UMGC.)
- You earned the credits at an approved institution.
- The credits are either equivalent to graduate-level coursework or recommended for graduate-level credit by the American Council on Education.
Your advisor and program director will determine which transfer credits are relevant to your program.
Learn more about transferring credits from four-year universities.
To determine if you are eligible to waive DCL 600, PRO 600, or CBR 600, please refer to UMGC's Graduate Transfer Credit Evaluation and Appeal Policy and contact the First Term Experience and Tutoring Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to Get Started?
First, you'll need to apply to UMGC. Once you are accepted and ready to start a graduate program, simply fill out the form below and upload a copy of the syllabus for each course you have taken at previous institutions.