Participants in the Golden Identification program may register for credits (up to 7 credits for undergraduate and 6 credits for graduate courses) each semester—on a space available basis—without paying tuition. However, students are liable for any additional fees (e.g., EXCEL fees).
To qualify, you must meet these requirements:
- Be a resident of Maryland
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident
- Be 60 years old by the beginning date of the semester for which you are applying
- Not be employed more than 20 hours a week
- Meet all requirements for admission
Please note: Benefits do not apply to specialty graduate tuition programs, doctoral programs, noncredit courses, or 800-level courses.
Mail, fax, and touch-tone registration are not available for Golden ID students. To register and enroll, please contact an advisor or log in to your MyUMGC account.
The Golden ID eligibility form must accompany the online application for admission. Also, you should be aware that you must be certified each semester for Golden ID benefits. To request an application and a Golden ID eligibility form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.